Media & Press Releases
- Media Coverage of Solar Eclipse Viewing Party at UConn: Hartford Courant, Mansfield Patch, Norwich Bulletin, and UConn Today (August 2017)
- Press Release: Hubble Pushed Beyond Limits to Spot Clumps of New Stars in Distant Galaxy (July 2017)
- Press Release: New Astronomy Center will reveal the Cosmic Dawn (April 2017)
- NASA Hubble 25th Anniversary, 5 live TV Interviews (April 2015)
- NASA Instagram celebrating Hubble’s 25th Anniversary (March 2015)
- Sky & Telescope: Hubble’s Long Look at Distant Galaxies (January 2015)
- Press Release: NASA Telescopes Help Uncover Early Construction Phase of Giant Galaxy (August 2014)
- Press Release: Hubble Reveals First Scrapbook Pictures of Milky Way’s Formative Years (November 2013)
- Press Release: Astronomers Discover that Galaxies are either Awake or Asleep (June 2010)
General presentations on galaxy evolution, my research, and promoting science careers at the middle school, high school, and university levels.
- Westport Astronomical Society Public Lecture (July 2017)
- UMass Amherst, “Introductory Astronomy” Lecture (February 2017)
- UMass Amherst, “Writing About Astronomy” Lecture (February 2016)
- Amherst College, “Exploring the Cosmos” Lecture (December 2015)
- Colby College, Senior Physics & Astro Colloquium (November 2015)
- Samuel Ogle Middle School, Bowie MD (April 2015)
- Howard University, Washington DC (October 2014)
- Granby High School, Granby MA (October 2012)
- UMass Amherst Freshman Seminar (October 2011)
- Hale Middle School, Stow MA (March 2010, January 2014)
- Night sky tours and solar observing activity for SPARK summer residential program at UConn (July 2018), event led by UConn astrophysics students with help in organization.
- AAS Astronomy Ambassador (January 2014 – present) This program provides mentoring and training experiences for young astronomers, ranging from graduate students to faculty, as well as access to resources and a network of contacts within the astronomy Education & Public Outreach community.
- Ask an Astrophysicist, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt MD (January-June 2014) Small group of volunteers who work on space-based astronomical observations who answer questions from the public.
- Science Fair Judge, Greenbelt MD (February 2013, 2014) Volunteer to judge science experiments for grades 8-12.
- Girls’ Science Investigations, Yale University (October 2007) Volunteer to run physics demonstrations and lead a series of hands-on experiments for 6–8th grade girls.